We love sneaking extra veggies into smoothies! It’s an easy way to increase your fibre, vitamin and mineral intake. Just make sure you’re making smoothies and not juices, as this strips away all the gut-friendly and satisfying fibre!
- 250ml milk of choice*
- 100g plain Greek yoghurt
- 1/2 medium zucchini (frozen) ~80g
- Large handful of baby spinach leaves (frozen works well)
- Top up with cold water and ice as required
*cow’s, almond, coconut, soy, lactose-free etc…
If you’re using milk alternatives, always pick an option that’s calcium fortified. Check the label to ensure it contains 300mg calcium/250ml serve
Carbohydrate additions. Each contain 20g of carbohydrate. Pick one:
- 1 medium banana (frozen)
- 150g frozen mango
- 150g frozen pineapple
- 40g rolled oats or natural muesli (blitz or sprinkle on top)
- ½ cup frozen berries
- 1 shot of coffee
- Coconut essence or use coconut milk as your base (just ensure it’s calcium fortified)
- Vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, clove, allspice, mint, basil, coriander, ginger, lime…
Extra energy boosters:
Nuts, seeds, nut butter, LSA, flaxseed, avocado, protein powder, chia seeds, desiccated coconut…
- Throw everything in a blender and
blitz until smooth
- Drink immediately
Nutrition Info based on skim milk, banana and berries and a scoop of WPI
Looking for more #dietitianapproved recipes?
Developed by an Advanced Sports Dietitian
All triple-tested in the Dietitian Approved kitchen
Dietitian Approved Recipe Database
You can be guaranteed each recipe ticks all the right boxes to give you:
- A solid hit of protein for muscle recovery and repair
- Scalable carbohydrates so you can increase or decrease your fuel based on training demands
- Healthy fats – we’re not afraid to use these!
- Plenty of vitamins and minerals to keep you performing at your best!
- Plus MAXIMUM taste
Healthy Lifestyle Challenge Recipes
The Healthy Lifestyle Challenge gives you the best opportunity to get your health off to a great start! These recipes are specifically designed to support you during your challenge and ensure you get your 2 fruit and 5 veggies serves in each day.
YOU MUST PARTICIPATE IN THE HEALTHY LIFESTYLE CHALLENGE TO ACCESS THESE RECIPES