Our modified version of this spicy noodle dish. Packed full of veggies with just the right amount of spice to keep everyone happy!
- 1 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 500g chicken breast, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 large red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 3 medium zucchini, chopped into semi-circles
- 200g snow peas, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 3cm fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 2 tbs red curry paste
- 2 tsp sambal oelek
- 1 cup chicken stock, reduced salt
- 400ml light coconut milk
- 100g vermicelli noodles
- 100g hokkien noodles
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 2 handfuls of fresh coriander
- Heat half the oil in a medium saucepan or wok on medium-high heat
- Cook chicken until almost cooked through and set aside
- Heat the remaining oil and add capsicum and garlic to the same pan, cook until just starting to soften. Then add the zucchini and snow peas
- Once all veggies have started to soften, add the ginger, curry paste and sambal oelek to the veggies. Cook for a few minutes until fragrant
- Next, pour in the chicken stock and coconut milk, reduce heat and simmer for 5 mins.
- Meanwhile, cook noodles as per packet instructions then add to the laksa along with the chicken to heat through.
- Remove from heat, separate into bowls and garnish with spring onions, coriander and bean sprouts.