We love making our own muesli! It’s so much tastier than store-bought because we add all of our favourite ingredients. With no hidden fats or sugars, you can be confident you’re getting just simple, plain, whole foods. Make up a batch this weekend and see for yourself!
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup pecans, roughly chopped
- ½ cup shredded coconut (unsweetened)
- 2 cups whole rolled oats
- 1 cup dried fruit (e.g. cranberries, blueberries, sultanas)
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon (optional)
- Preheat oven to 150°C.
- Line a flat baking tray with baking paper.
- Add all ingredients into a large bowl, except the fruit and mix well.
- Spread the mix out evenly on the tray.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until it’s a nice golden brown colour, stirring occasionally to help it toast evenly.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool before mixing in the dried fruit.
- Once cooled completely, store in an air-tight jar until ready to eat.1 serve of muesli = 50g