We love making our own muesli! It’s so much tastier than store-bought because we add all of our favourite ingredients. With no hidden fats or sugars, you can be confident you’re getting just simple, plain, whole foods. Make up a batch this weekend and see for yourself!
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup pecans, roughly chopped
- ½ cup shredded coconut (unsweetened)
- 2 cups whole rolled oats
- 1 cup dried fruit (e.g. cranberries, blueberries, sultanas)
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon (optional)
- Preheat oven to 150°C.
- Line a flat baking tray with
- Add all ingredients into a large bowl, except the
fruit and mix well
- Spread the mix out evenly on the tray
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until it’s a nice golden brown
colour, stirring occasionally to help it toast evenly
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool before mixing
in the dried fruit
- Once cooled completely, store in an air-tight jar until
ready to eat.1 serve of muesli = 50g
Looking for more #dietitianapproved recipes?
Developed by an Advanced Sports Dietitian
All triple-tested in the Dietitian Approved kitchen
Dietitian Approved Recipe Database
You can be guaranteed each recipe ticks all the right boxes to give you:
- A solid hit of protein for muscle recovery and repair
- Scalable carbohydrates so you can increase or decrease your fuel based on training demands
- Healthy fats – we’re not afraid to use these!
- Plenty of vitamins and minerals to keep you performing at your best!
- Plus MAXIMUM taste
Healthy Lifestyle Challenge Recipes
The Healthy Lifestyle Challenge gives you the best opportunity to get your health off to a great start! These recipes are specifically designed to support you during your challenge and ensure you get your 2 fruit and 5 veggies serves in each day.
YOU MUST PARTICIPATE IN THE HEALTHY LIFESTYLE CHALLENGE TO ACCESS THESE RECIPES