WARNING! This finger-licking satay sauce will have you eating it straight from the wok with a spoon! YOU’VE BEEN WARNED….
Peanut Satay Sauce
- 2 tsp peanut oil
- 2-3 garlic cloves, crushed or finely diced
- 1/2 tsp chilli (optional)
- 2 tbs coconut sugar
- 4 tbs peanut butter (see recipe to make your own)
- 2 tbs soy sauce
- 400ml can light coconut milk
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 2 tsp mirin
- Heat the oil in a wok over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and chilli, stirring continuously until softened.
- Turn the heat down to low and add the sugar. Stir until mixed.
- Next add the soy sauce and peanut butter, stirring until thoroughly mixed and lump free.
- Then slowly add the coconut milk bit by bit, stirring continuously to mix and smooth out any lumps.
- Add mirin and fish sauce
- Leave to gently simmer down to thicken the sauce. Serve immediately
Store leftovers (if any 😉) in an airtight jar in the fridge for up to 1 week.