WARNING! This finger-licking satay sauce will have you eating it straight from the wok with a spoon! YOU’VE BEEN WARNED….
Peanut Satay Sauce
- 2 tsp peanut oil
- 2-3 garlic cloves, crushed or finely diced
- 1/2 tsp chilli (optional)
- 2 tbs coconut sugar
- 4 tbs peanut butter (see recipe to make your own)
- 2 tbs soy sauce
- 400ml can light coconut milk
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 2 tsp mirin
- Heat the oil in a wok over
- Add the garlic and chilli, stirring continuously
- Turn the heat down to low and add
the sugar. Stir until mixed
- Next add the soy sauce and peanut butter, stirring until
thoroughly mixed and lump-free
- Then slowly add the coconut milk bit by bit, stirring continuously
to mix and smooth out any lumps
- Add mirin and fish sauce
- Leave to gently simmer down to thicken
the sauce. Serve immediately
Store leftovers (if any 😉) in an airtight jar in the fridge for up to 1 week
Looking for more #dietitianapproved recipes?
Developed by an Advanced Sports Dietitian
All triple-tested in the Dietitian Approved kitchen
Exclusive Dietitian Approved Recipe Database
You can be guaranteed each recipe ticks all the right boxes to give you:
- A solid hit of protein for muscle recovery and repair
- Scalable carbohydrates so you can increase or decrease your fuel based on training demands
- Healthy fats – we’re not afraid to use these!
- Plenty of vitamins and minerals to keep you performing at your best!
- Plus MAXIMUM taste
Healthy Lifestyle Challenge Recipes
The Healthy Lifestyle Challenge gives you the best opportunity to get your health off to a great start! These recipes are specifically designed to support you during your challenge and ensure you get your 2 fruit and 5 veggies serves in each day.
YOU MUST PARTICIPATE IN THE HEALTHY LIFESTYLE CHALLENGE TO ACCESS THESE RECIPES